FIELDHOUSE PIRATES 10U-13U
Exciting league and tournament season ahead for four small diamond teams
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Burlington, Ontario (April 4, 2017) – Fieldhouse Athletics and the Fieldhouse Pirates Baseball Club (Fieldhouse) released an update on the programming and development for its four small diamond teams. Fieldhouse also announced its 2017 league and tournament schedule.
For the 2017 season, Fieldhouse has a full complement of younger teams – 10U through 13U. Fieldhouse was the first high performance baseball development program to introduce a 10U program in 2016 and continues to be the only high performance development and travel program in Ontario to offer 10U. Having a full complement of teams ensures all of our players are playing on an age appropriate team.
Training and Development 2016 – 2017
All of the Fieldhouse players, including those on our full size diamond teams (14U to 18U), are currently completing a 26 week indoor program focusing on skill development at the Fieldhouse Athletics training facility. Player training is position focused, rather than team focused, and individual players are able to attend weekly infield, outfield, strength and conditioning, catcher, pitcher/catcher, hitting, and team skills sessions. By offering skill-based sessions, players of varying age levels train together in a competitive yet cooperative environment. Attendance is flexible around other sporting commitments allowing our younger athletes to pursue additional sporting interests.
Skills development training started in early October 2016 and ends late April 2017. Fieldhouse athletes pace their development based on their drive and passion to improve as baseball players; a Pirate player’s training on a weekly basis ranges from 5 hours to 25 hours. The skills training sessions are conducted by a team of coaches with professional and/or U.S. college baseball experience, and experienced coaches. Fitness and nutrition sessions are conducted by professional trainers with U.S. collegiate and/or Olympic athlete experience.
The Fieldhouse – Training Facility
Fieldhouse Athletics is one of the country’s premier training facilities for high performance baseball and softball development. The training facility was specifically built (and is maintained daily) for the development of baseball and softball players.
• Two professionally built and maintained MLB spec clay pitching mounds are used for elite pitching training and team practices
• High performance hitting development includes four oversized live L-Screen batting tunnels and an Iron Mike tunnel with automated pitching
• 35,000+ square feet of baseball specific rubber infill turf for a real outdoor look and feel all year round for ground balls and for diving and sliding
• MLB spec clay pitching mounds – 10 inch baseball, 6 inch baseball and softball
• Laser-timed 30 and 60 yard dash area and 180, 270 or 360 foot, laser timed circuits
• Long toss throwing lanes (over 200 feet)
• Pitching machines that throw curve balls, change ups and 2-seam fastballs
• Pro style locker room with individual lockers and common meeting space
League Play – WNY Boys of Summer
The Fieldhouse small diamond teams will compete in the WNY Boys of Summer League. Drawing more than 90 teams from Upstate New York and Ontario, the Boys of Summer League offers teams a 16 game schedule against stronger competition and complete flexibility to work around tournament schedules. All games are played on the weekend and are scheduled as double headers. A typical schedule has four home dates and four away dates which limits travel to upstate New York.
In 2016, Fieldhouse 10U had a successful first season, winning the WNY Boys of Summer Kick off tournament, finishing first in the WNY Boys of Summer league and winning the League championship.
Fieldhouse has developed a tournament schedule that will expose its teams to some of the best competition in the US at the major level – a level above AAA baseball. The teams will be exposed to an average of 25 U.S. teams per tournament, and teams representing approximately 20 states.
• USSSA Canton Select 30 Super NIT, Canton, MI (11U only) – April 28 – 30, 2017
• Boys of Summer Kick Off, Buffalo, NY (10U only) – May 4-7, 2017
• USSSA Memorial Day Super NIT, Canton, MI – May 28 – 30, 2017
• USSSA Select 30 Super NIT, Cincinnati, OH – June 2 – 4, 2017
• ACB Cap Classic, Pittsburgh, PA – June 22 – 25, 2017
• PBR World Series, Westfield, IN – July 6 – 9, 2017
• Triple Crown Sports US Club Nationals, Atlanta, GA – July 18 – 23, 2017
Triple Crown Sport US Club Nationals (Atlanta, Georgia)
The highlight of the season for the younger Fieldhouse teams is the opportunity to compete at the Triple Crown Sports US Club Nationals in Atlanta, Georgia. An invite only event, Fieldhouse was selected to represent Canada based on the strength of its baseball program and the ability to field teams from 10U through to 14U. More than 65 teams from 13 different clubs will compete for both age group and club supremacy. Clubs attending include the East Cobb Astros from Marietta, Georgia as well as clubs from Alabama, California, Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, Oregon, Texas, and Virginia.
Fieldhouse Athletics is one of the country’s premier training programs and facility for high performance baseball and softball development.
The Fieldhouse Pirates Baseball Club is the best high performance baseball development program in Canada for U.S. College bound ballplayers. Founded in 2009, the Club offers elite players the opportunity to play high performance baseball, and unparalleled year-round training and development from full-time coaches with MiLB and U.S. collegiate baseball experience.
For more information visit our website at www.fieldhouseathletics.ca.
Matt Baird, President
Tel: 905 639 3421
Cell: 905 630 3431
Tony Busseri, Recruiting Coordinator
Heather Busseri, Communications
The document Small Diamond Media Release Spring 2017 was attached to this post.