New Training Centre in Burlington
Burlington, Ontario (October 19, 2015) – Fieldhouse Athletics and the Fieldhouse Pirates Baseball Club (the Fieldhouse) today announced the opening of its new high performance baseball and softball training centre in Burlington on November 7, 2015.
The new training centre is one of the largest indoor training facilities dedicated to baseball and softball in Ontario. The 40,000 square foot facility, designed for practices, training, college showcases and tryouts for young athletes, is located at 5230 Harvester Road in Burlington (right next door to the existing facility and beside the Appleby Go Station).
The Fieldhouse training centre will provide the Fieldhouse Pirates high performance travel teams and all area baseball and softball players with access to year round training in a professional setting. Key features of the training centre include:
• Approximately 35,000 square feet of turfed training space with professional quality baseball specific artificial turf with rubber infill;
• Three (50′ × 200′) lanes of open space – no pillars or support columns – for fielding and skills training, featuring 22 foot high ceilings;
• Two MLB specification clay pitching mounds surrounded by a dedicated pitching area;
• One NCAA specification clay softball pitching lane;
• Six (6) batting cages for suitable for soft toss, L-screen live pitching and machine pitching;
• Iron Mike and Jugs pitching machines;
• Team hitting tee area for group lessons and instruction;
• Sensor timed 60 yard dash lane;
• Radar gun and bat speed analysis technology;
• Locker room with custom lockers for each player in our Fieldhouse Pirates high performance travel baseball program;
• Private washrooms and change rooms for players, with separate coaches change room; and
• A parents lounge with field viewing windows.
Matt Baird, former professional baseball player and MLB scout for the Montreal Expos and Philadelphia Phillies, and successful collegiate player in Texas, along with his team of current and former U.S. college baseball and softball players will be hosting an open house on Saturday, November 7, 2015 from 12 to 3 pm.
The Fieldhouse welcomes all baseball and softball players and their families to come and tour the training centre. There will be a BBQ and free instruction clinics for pitching, hitting and infielding. Baseball and softball clinics will run as follows:
• 12:00 pm – Hitting Clinic
• 1:00 pm – Pitching Clinic
• 2:00 pm – Infield Clinic
Advanced registration at firstname.lastname@example.org is appreciated.
As one of the country’s premier training programs for high performance baseball and softball development, the Fieldhouse offers one-on-one lessons, winter development programs, and summer, Christmas and PD day camps with coaches with professional and U.S. college baseball or softball experience. The new facility allows the Fieldhouse to expand programming to include:
• Specialty clinics for hitting, pitching, catching, infielding, outfielding and base running;
• Development programs for HouseLeaguePrep, SelectPrep, RepPrep and CollegePrep to prepare players for their next level;
• Instructor led team practices or field and batting cage rentals for area baseball and softball teams;
• League tryouts, evaluations and fall/ winter workouts for league drop-ins; and
• Field rentals for all ages for baseball and softball training or other sports that benefit from high ceilings, a large field area and high quality turf.
As a Youth Friendly Designated Facility in Burlington, the Fieldhouse will also designate free field usage times, in partnership with city and private youth groups, for play and activity.
Fieldhouse Athletics is one of the country’s premier training programs and facility for high performance baseball and softball development.
The Fieldhouse Pirates Baseball Club is the best high performance baseball development program in Canada for U.S. College bound ballplayers. Founded in 2009, the Club offers elite players the opportunity to play high performance baseball, and unparalleled year-round training and development from full-time coaches with MiLB and U.S. collegiate baseball experience.
For more information visit our website at www.fieldhouseathletics.ca.
Tel: 905 639 3421
Cell: 905 630 3431
Director of Business Operations